Last updated on November 30th, 2018 at 02:07 pm
The East Coast shines this time of year with spellbinding spectacles, visits from Santa and family-friendly festivities. From New Hampshire to Pennsylvania, we’ve compiled some of the season’s most Instagram-worthy destinations. Leave the hustle and bustle behind and begin your holiday road trip tradition today!
- Vintage Christmas in Portsmouth – Portsmouth: This historic seacoast city transforms into a magical winter wonderland, featuring ice skating, an Annual Gingerbread House Contest and The Strawbery Banke Museum’s Candlelight Stroll.
- Gift of Lights at New Hampshire Motor Speedway – Loudon: Every year, the speedway hosts a 2.5 mile-long drive-through illumination show complete with two million brilliant LED lights, 400 displays, 60 scenes, a s’mores pit, pictures with Santa, and infield Tunnel of Lights.
- Nantucket Noel – Nantucket: The picture-perfect island comes to life the first weekend in December with its Christmas Stroll, and the festivities continue all month with a holiday house tour, Festival of Trees and more.
- The Bright Nights at Forest Park – Springfield: Add New England’s largest light display to your yuletide bucket list. Celebrate the holidays with themed displays including Jurassic World, Peter Pan and Dr. Seuss.
- Festival of Silver Lights – Meriden: Featuring over 350,000 simply elegant white lights shaped mostly like animals nestled in their natural habitat, this drive-through display is pure magic. After your drive, walk to Santa’s Workshop with its miniature Christmas village.
- Mystic’s Holiday Festivities – Mystic: This quaint coastal town converts into a charming holiday village with live music, ice sculptures and a visit from Santa during Winterfest. Check out the outdoor theatrical performance, Lantern Light Tours, or stroll through beautifully adorned Olde Mistick Village.
- Dyker Heights Christmas Lights – Brooklyn: This jaw-dropping wonderland spans multiple blocks and spotlights oversized inflatables, a gargantuan Santa and candy cane forest as Christmas tunes blare from outrageously embellished neighboring houses.
- Rockefeller Center – New York City: Visit one of the world’s most iconic holiday destinations as you twirl on the city’s famous ice rink, walk past wondrous window displays, marvel at the magnificent tree and watch the Christmas Spectacular.
- Magic of Lights – PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel: Bask in over a mile of magical light displays and animations from the comfort of your car. Twinkling luminaries bring multiple holiday themes to life at every turn.
- Storybook Land’s Christmas Fantasy – Egg Harbor Township: and Mrs. Claus spread holiday sparkle, illuminating the park with over a million lights. Kids and kids at heart can enjoy the year-round rides and attractions as they stroll through the settings of their favorite stories.
- Philly Holiday Attractions — Philadelphia: Getting into the holiday spirit is easy with loads of family festivities including the Wintergarden, light show, ice rink, carousel and the city’s official tree at Dilworth Park. Peddler’s Village dazzles with a million twinkling lights.
- Koziar’s Christmas Village — Bernville: What began 70 years ago as one man’s love of decorating his country estate for the holidays turned into a beloved seasonal destination including a toy shop, old-time bakery, visits from Santa and elaborate displays.
Share your favorite holiday light display in the comments below.