Last updated on January 9th, 2018 at 04:50 pm
The excitement of the holidays has come and gone and now we’re face to face with the long stretch of the winter ahead. Even though the weather outside might be frightful, there are plenty of ways to beat the winter blues. Keep an open mind this winter and check out these 7 ways to brighten your winter attitude.
- Stick to a schedule. While it might seem easy (and desirable) to stay in bed all day when it’s freezing out, it’s better if you stick to your normal schedule. Wake up around the same time every day and get moving right away (yes, that includes weekends). Looking for a new morning routine? Here are nine ways to help you improve your morning productivity.
- It’s a no brainer that exercise is beneficial for many reasons but it’s especially helpful for beating the winter blues. Don’t use the cold weather as a reason to miss out on endorphins and mood-boosting workouts.
- Make your house brighter. Open the blinds and curtains and if you can, trim trees or bushes near your windows to let as much natural light as possible into your home.
- Be social. Even if you want to stay in and hibernate, force yourself to socialize. Grab dinner with a friend or invite them over for a winter celebration. It will take your mind off what’s happening outside.
- Plan a vacation. What better way to break up the winter than by planning a getaway? Whether it’s a ski vacation or a trip to the tropics, it will give you something to look forward to. Once you have a vacation spot in mind, try using this pre-vacation checklist to make things easier.
- Stock up on Sunshine: In the winter, there’s just not as much sunshine to soak up – it can really take a toll on you. After all, there are plenty of days where you leave for work in the morning in the dark and come home after work in the dark. Find and take as many opportunities you can to get some extra rays! Pop outside as much as you can during the day, or go for a walk at lunch. Take advantage of those more mild weekends for outdoor activities like hiking or skiing.
- Start a project. There’s no time like winter to start a project. You are spending hours inside anyways, so why not de-clutter your home, purge your closet or reorganize a room? Check out these helpful painting tips for homeowners, or try one of these cheap home projects that make a huge impact.
If nothing else, make sure you have steady supply of hot chocolate (and mini marshmallows) handy to warm your heart and your hands!
How do you brighten your winter attitude? Let us know by tweeting us!