Last updated on September 13th, 2017 at 02:48 pm
Are you ready for some football? With summer coming to a close, the 2017 football season is on the horizon. That means it’s time to dust off the portable grill, pick up the paper plates, and clean out the cooler. Whatever team you root for, tailgating is a fun experience for everyone to enjoy. Check out these practical tailgating tips to make the most out of your event and safely enjoy the fun.
- The most obvious, but worth mentioning, is use a car that has an open trunk and is amenable to serving your guests.
- Prepare as much as you can. Check out the stadium’s website for rules and regulations on tailgating and start prepping items that you’ll need. This will alleviate any scrambling last minute or forgetting any important items.
- Cook as much as you can ahead of time. Dips, marinades, salads, and side dishes can all be prepared ahead of time. All you’ll need to do when you get to the game is fire up the grill!
- Keep a box of tailgating essentials in your car. This includes cooking utensils, skewers, a lighter, tinfoil, toothpicks, duct tape, a bottle opener, a can opener, a corkscrew, sunscreen, trash bags, paper towels, and wet wipes or hand sanitizer. If you’re grilling, the most essential tool to have on hand is a fire extinguisher, in case of an emergency. Also, don’t forget a football (you’re not tailgating a professional dodgeball game).
- If you’re using a charcoal grill, be sure to let the coals completely cool before putting them in a garbage container or back in your car. Most stadiums don’t allow “burning material” to be left unattended.
- Optimize space and efficiency by freezing water bottles to use in place of ice in coolers, which will give you cold water to drink after they melt.
- Most importantly, if guests have been drinking alcohol, make sure they don’t get behind the wheel. If you’ve had too much to drink, remember that Plymouth Rock Assurance will cover its customers’ one-time one-way cab fare or ride share home with its Get Home Safe®
Love Football? Check out The New England Patriots Official Auto Insurance Program from Plymouth Rock to combine great perks from the Patriots and quality car insurance.
Do you have any other tailgating tips you swear by? Let us know by leaving a comment or tweeting us!